Using Writer for Chrome
Who can use this feature
- Supported on Free, Pro, Team, and Enterprise plans
What’s in this article
Select Add extension.
Using the extension
You’ll get quick corrections in-line, meaning you can hover and in one click accept a replacement suggestion.
Each card gives the error and a suggested fix. To replace your text with the correction, click on the green highlighted replacement. The correction will be applied to the body of your text. You can also delete the suggestion or add the term to your term bank directly from the card.
Q: I have the extension but I don’t see any underlines.
If you are signed in to the Chrome extension, have enabled suggestions on the page, are editing a text area, and still don’t see the Writer score or any underlined suggestions, try doing a hard refresh of your web page.
- Windows users: Hold down Ctrl and then press F5 on your keyboard
- Mac users: Hold down Cmd and Shift and then press R on your keyboard
Q: My score is still not 100 but I don’t have any underlines.
You may have other issues with your text — select the score to open by the sidebar for additional issue cards for your review.
Q: Which sites does the Writer extension work on?
We support the following websites:
- Anypoint (anypoint.mulesoft.com)
- Articulate Rise (rise.articulate.com)
- Asana (asana.com)
- Canva (canva.com)
- Coda (coda.io)
- Confluence (atlassian.net)
- Dropbox Paper (paper.dropbox.com)
- GatherContent (gathercontent.com)
- Gmail (mail.google.com)
- Google Calendar (calendar.google.com)
- Google Docs (docs.google.com) BETA
- Helpscout (helpscout.com)
- HubSpot (hubspot.com)
- Jira (atlassian.net)
- Lighthouse (lighthouse-cloud.com)
- LinkedIn (linkedin.com)
- Medium (medium.com)
- Mural (app.mural.co)
- Outlook online (mail.live.com)
- Outreach (outreach.io)
- Pipedrive (pipedrive.com)
- ReadMe (dash.readme.io)
- Slack web (app.slack.com)
- Squarespace (squarespace.com)
- Tettra (tettra.com)
- Twitter (twitter.com)
- WordPress block editor (wordpress.com)
- WordPress classic editor (wordpress.com)
- Zendesk (zendesk.com)
Writer will also function on many other websites, but please keep in mind that functionality may be limited. If you have questions or would like to request a site not listed, please email us at email@example.com.