Terms helps you manage the terms your company uses and provides your writers with in-line feedback. Newly added or edited terms will take effect in your team’s suggestions instantly.
- On your homepage, go to the
Styleguidemenu and click
Termsto manage and edit your word list.
- If you are on a subscription with multiple teams, select your team from the homepage first to then navigate to the
Managing your word list
You can manage your word list using the following options in the top menu bar:
- To add a term, use the blue
- To download a word list as a csv file, select the down arrow icon.
- View your word list in single line format (the clipped text icon) or as wrapped text (the clockwise arrow icon).
- Sort your word list by alphabetical order, time last edited, or time created.
- To search for a term in a specific word list, click the
Search by keywordfield and type the term. The search function will also search through the description and tags columns of your word list.
Adding a new term
To add terms, go to
Terms. Then click
+Add. You will see the following fields to fill out for each term.
|Add term||Enter your term here||yes|
|Part of speech||Choose between none (-), noun, verb, adjective, adverb, or verb.||no|
|Case sensitive?||Should the casing of this phrase match exactly as written, or can this phrase appear in lower or upper case letters?||yes|
|Description||Fill out the guidance you want your writers to receive here. If this field is left blank, they will not see any descriptions for an
|Common mistake||If this term is an
|Examples||List positive and negative examples to give your writers more context.||no|
Below is an example term with the fields filled out.
The preview box to the right shows you what your writers will see:
- If they use the correct term "Word add-in", they will see the description when they hover over the term, or
- If they use the common mistake "Word extension", they will see a suggestion to replace the mistake with "Word add-in" as well as the description.
Once you enter
Add Term, "Word add-in" will now be an entry in your Terms.
To remove, a term, select the check box to the left of the term. A trash can icon will appear in the top menu.
Tip: how to determine if a term should be a