Navigating your Workspace
To access your Workspace, navigate to https://app.writer.com/signin. Enter your Email and Password and click
After logging in, you'll be taken to your Workspace's home, where you can see all your documents along with the following options:
- To access a document, select the corresponding link in the document tile.
- You can search for a specific document by title in the search field.
- To create a new document click
+ New Doc.
Term Bankto view where all your terms and their usage guidance live. Find out more about
Styleguideto see the voice, writing style, grammar, and other settings that directly impact the score you receive when writing content. Find out more about
- You can manage your
Teamand their permissions, and invite people to Writer. Find out more about
- You can manage your Organization by clicking
Creating and editing your document
To create a document, click
+ New Doc as indicated above. You'll be taken to a new document page where you can begin creating and scoring your content:
To begin scoring, start writing or copy/paste your content into the doc field. As you type, the a score will appear, along with the number of issues and suggestions.
To filter by a certain type of issue (i.e. Spelling, Grammar, etc.), click on the issue type. Click on an issue to view why Writer flagged it and the suggestion (if applicable).
Each issue will have the following options:
- If there's a suggestion, you can add it to your content by clicking it.
- You can also ignore the suggestion by clicking the icon.
- To flag an incorrect suggestion (which notifies the Writer team) click the flag icon and select one of the following options:
- Suggestion is wrong - the suggestion would not be correct in this instance
- Suggestion is unclear - the suggestion description is confusing or difficult to understand
- Flag as inappropriate - this should never be a suggestion
- To add a word to the Term Bank, click the plus sign icon.
As you accept/ignore suggestions, the score will increase.
Checking for Plagiarism
If turned on, Writer will check for Plagiarism. To read more about Plagiarism, go to
If you type content into Writer that is detected as plagiarized, your score will decrease. To view the plagiarized content, click Plagiarism.
To go to the source of the plagiarized content, click Compare.
In addition to scoring your content, Writer provides analysis around your overall content's Word Count, Average Sentence Length, and Readability. This information can be found at the bottom of the document.
You have options to go into Full-Screen Mode, download a .docx file of your content, as well as refresh the content to rescore and reset the ignored suggestions.