You can notify your team, or just yourself, about actions taking place in Qordoba without signing into the platform. All you need is an engineer who understands webhooks.
Leverage webhooks in two ways:
1. Send the webhook to Slack, which has a built-in way to digest webhook data that it receives. This can be achieved within Qordoba.
2. You can send the webhook as a JSON payload, and write code to receive the message once the webhook arrives at its destination. We leverage Slack for webhooks, but it’s possible to send our webhooks to different messaging platforms with a little extra effort.
Incoming Webhooks are a type of integration that makes it easy to post Slack messages from outside sources into your workspace. This is a great way to send data to your workspace in real-time.
Here’s how they work: Incoming Webhooks make use of normal HTTP requests (sent using the POST method) with a JSON payload that includes a message and some additional options such as a message icon, channel overrides, and author information, to name a few.
• Tip: Curious about HTTP requests? Check out this HTTP Tutorial
Setting up Incoming Webhooks with Slack:
1. From the channel you wish to have your webhook tied to, select the channel settings and Add apps:
2. Click View App Directory
3. Search and select Incoming WebHooks:
4. Click Add Configuration
5. Choose the channel in which you want to add your webhook
6. Once you choose your channel, you will find your URL to add to your Qordoba settings:
7. Make sure you rename the Webhook "Qordoba-Webhook"
8. Click Save Settings. Do not close out of this page. You will need to copy the webhook URL
9. In Qordoba, click on the Admin Panel on the left side menu, then select "Settings"
10. Click on "Webhooks"
11. Click "Create new"
12. For "Format," select "Slack"
13. Choose all or specific workspaces for notifications
14. Choose the action you want to trigger a notification
15. Paste the webhook URL from Slack into "Website URL"
16. Scroll back to the top of the page in Qordoba and Click "Create"
Webhooks as a JSON Payload
As mentioned above, you are also able to create your own webhook without the use of Slack. For examples of JSON payloads, please click here.
You will need to set up and connect your webhook in Qordoba:
1. In Qordoba, click on the Admin Panel on the left side menu, then select "Settings"
2. Click on "Webhooks"
3. Click "Create new"
4. For "Format," select "JSON"
5. Choose all or specific workspaces for notifications
6. Choose the action you want to trigger a notification
7. Paste your webhook URL into "Website URL"
8. Scroll back to the top of the page in Qordoba and Click "Create"
For more on JSON payloads, please read on to
Webhook examples of JSON Payloads.